The Portland Express/Daytrip 400k and 200k are in a week, and final adjustments have been made to the cue sheet (hopefully riders will have a slightly less damp experience than the pre-ride did).
We are actively looking for volunteers in Portland at the turnaround or in Woburn at the finish. If you can help out, please contact Sarah or Tsun (use the RBA option on the contact NER form if you don’t already have our contact info.)
Registration closes TOMORROW (July 5th) at midnight — if you’re going to sign up, now’s the time: go to BikeReg and sign up. Yes, as several people have asked, registration is free!
NER has four rides in four states in May 2021! (Ride all four and bag all New England states.)
- May 1st: “Five Hills” re-run (Medford, MA) – We’re going to host the April 18th 200k a 2nd time for riders who didn’t get a chance to attend due to the 25 rider limit filling up. Please do not register if you rode the April 18th edition. Registration will open on April 18, 2021 at 7AM. http://www.bikereg.com/five-hills-in-new-hampshire-2021-may
- May 15th: Bakery Brevet 200km (Middlesex, VT) – This is Dave Cain’s famous tour of the some of the better bakeries and general stores of the Mad River Valley. Ride starts at the Red Hen Bakery near Montpelier. Registration via BikeReg.
- May 22nd: Providence to Duxbury to Plymouth to Providence 200km [PDPP] (Providence, RI) – A new route from Ted S. Details and registration here!
- May 30th: Midcoast Maine 300k (Portland, ME) – A new coastal route starting and ending in Portland, ME over the long weekend. See here for more details, registration is on BikeReg.
- June 19th: Oh Canada 400k (Woodstock, VT) – Jan’s easy-to-navigate up and down the great state of Vermont. A yearly favorite. There will also be a 100k option. Details and registration link
Details and registration links will be posted soon for events that do not have them yet. Some events may have limits on number of riders and/or other restrictions. As government advisories change, NER will update accordingly.
Thanks to everyone who participated in PERM DAY 2021! This will likely become an annual tradition. In the meantime, keep riding (and submitting) perm routes. Also check in on NER’s Google Group for discussion of permanents and other Rando topics.
Registration for NER’s “Five Hills in NH” 200k filled up quickly. We had to cap registration at 25 people in order to be in compliance with the current Massachusetts regulations. The NER board is discussing adding another event with this route soon to accommodate those who didn’t get a chance to register for the April 18th event.