On September 11-12, NER will be hosting a 600k and back-to-back 200ks (Saturday and Sunday). The first of the two 200ks will also be a special celebration of 100 years of Randonneuring in the go-at-your-own-pace (allure libre) style, and there will be a special medal available.
Because of hotel booking and preordering medals, we need to get an approximate count of attendees. Please fill out the Google Form if you think you’d be interested in any part of either event, so that we can plan for the right number of people.
The Portland Express/Daytrip 400k and 200k are in a week, and final adjustments have been made to the cue sheet (hopefully riders will have a slightly less damp experience than the pre-ride did).
We are actively looking for volunteers in Portland at the turnaround or in Woburn at the finish. If you can help out, please contact Sarah or Tsun (use the RBA option on the contact NER form if you don’t already have our contact info.)
Registration closes TOMORROW (July 5th) at midnight — if you’re going to sign up, now’s the time: go to BikeReg and sign up. Yes, as several people have asked, registration is free!
NER has four rides in four states in May 2021! (Ride all four and bag all New England states.)
- May 1st: “Five Hills” re-run (Medford, MA) – We’re going to host the April 18th 200k a 2nd time for riders who didn’t get a chance to attend due to the 25 rider limit filling up. Please do not register if you rode the April 18th edition. Registration will open on April 18, 2021 at 7AM. http://www.bikereg.com/five-hills-in-new-hampshire-2021-may
- May 15th: Bakery Brevet 200km (Middlesex, VT) – This is Dave Cain’s famous tour of the some of the better bakeries and general stores of the Mad River Valley. Ride starts at the Red Hen Bakery near Montpelier. Registration via BikeReg.
- May 22nd: Providence to Duxbury to Plymouth to Providence 200km [PDPP] (Providence, RI) – A new route from Ted S. Details and registration here!
- May 30th: Midcoast Maine 300k (Portland, ME) – A new coastal route starting and ending in Portland, ME over the long weekend. See here for more details, registration is on BikeReg.
- June 19th: Oh Canada 400k (Woodstock, VT) – Jan’s easy-to-navigate up and down the great state of Vermont. A yearly favorite. There will also be a 100k option. Details and registration link
Details and registration links will be posted soon for events that do not have them yet. Some events may have limits on number of riders and/or other restrictions. As government advisories change, NER will update accordingly.