Below are a collection of cue sheets for Boston routes NER has used in the past and are likely not the same cue sheet we are for this year’s event. Current cue sheets are available at the start of every ride. Should you choose to ride a brevet using an old or preliminary cue sheet and wind up off course as a result, don’t blame us!
The links included below are (slightly edited) versions of the cue sheets which were used for past Boston Brevets. Some things to note:
- These are in PDF format and you’ll need Adobe Acrobat to read them. (If you don’t already have Acrobat, you can download it from this link.)
- All rides start and end at the Civil Air Terminal parking lot at Hanscom Field in Bedford, MA. (The lot is free and open to the public. We’ve used it for many years without problems.)
- To get to Hanscom Field, take Rt. 2A west from Rt. 128 for about 1.5 miles; the Hanscom Field access road is on your right and is marked by a blinking yellow light.
- Roads in New England are unpredictable from year to year (actually, they’re unpredictable from week to week, but that’s another story.) These cue sheets include references to bad roads and to roads under repair which may, or may not, be accurate any more. In particular, the fact that a cue sheet doesn’t mention any problems only means that the road was passable the last time we checked before that event.
- While the rides work as designed, some sections may be usable just for getting from place to place around New England. In particular:
- Hanscom – Quabbin / Connecticut River Valley; see the 400k and the 600k
- Hanscom – Mystic, CT area; see the 300k
100k (62 mile) Cue Sheet for 2007-2008 (#429 MA)
200k (125 mile) Cue Sheet for 2003 (#207 MA)
200k (125 mile) Cue Sheet for 1995-2008 (with minor changes) (#196 MA)
300k (190 mile) Cue Sheet for 1995-2002, 2007-2008 (with minor changes) (#206 MA)
300k (190 mile) Cue Sheet for 2003-2004 (#205 MA)
300k (190 mile) Cue Sheet for 2005-2006 (#197 MA)
350k (200 mile) Cue Sheet for 2007-2008 (#509 MA)
400k (250 mile) Cue Sheet for 2004 (#204 MA)
400k (250 mile) Cue Sheet for 1995-2003, 2005-2006 (#203 MA)
400k (250 mile) Cue Sheet for 2007-2008 (#510 MA)
600k (375 mile) Cue Sheet for 1995-1998 (#200 MA)
600k (375 mile) Cue Sheet for 1999-2000 (#201 MA)
600k (375 mile) Cue Sheet for 2004 (#202 MA)
600k (375 mile) Cue Sheet for 2001-2003, 2005 (#199 MA)
600k (375 mile) Cue Sheet for 2006-2008 (#231 MA)